Much ( ज्यादा), Many (कई )
नियम – much का use – uncountable (singular) nouns के पहले होता है जबकि many का use – Countable और plural – Nounके पहले होता है।
1. How many players have you seen on the ground.
2. How much water did Gotami draw from well?
3. The principal asked the staff secretary how many students were in the prayer assembly.
4. many a soldier died in the war.
5. I have know many a woman in this street.
नियम – 2 यदि किसी sentence में (so, too, good, quite ) दिया जाए और uncountable singular noun हो तो Much का use किया जाता है। – और यदि countable plural noun हो तो फिर many का use किया जाता है । Examples –
1. The Modi Government dropped too much pressure on this bill. 2. He has purched too many planes for his foreign campaigns.
3. The king killed so many tigers during his young days.
4. I have quite much patience.
5. Don’t make so much noise.
नियम – लेकिन यदि इन्हीं words के बाद में blank दिया जाए और अन्य कोई word आये हि नहीं तो वहाँ much का use होता है ।
1. Don’t talk so much.
नियम – यदि very के तुरन्त बाद blank में कोई determiner भरवाया जाये तो हमेशा much का होता है।
1. Thank you very much.
2. I like you very much.